Wednesday 11 September 2013

Sweet and Sour Chicken

Hi there beauties! So, today I'm doing my first cooking post, which is super exciting for me, because well.. I love to cook! I also love Chinese cuisine, so today I'm bringing to you am fabulous recipe for Sweet and Sour Chicken. Sadly, my father got to this dish before I could, so I have no pictures for you, but I can assure you that it's delicious.

The secret is cornstarch. You have to dip the chicken, first and then fry it to give you a beautiful crunch that perfectly compliments the sweet and sour sauce. So, without further ado!

Weapons:
Chicken Breading:
3 chicken breasts
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup cornstarch
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup oil

Sauce:
4 tblsp ketchup
3/4 cups white sugar
1 tblsp soy sauce
1/2 cup white distilled vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder

Mission:
Breading:
  1. Trim fat of of chicken and then cut into small cubes. 
  2. Dunk chicken into cornstarch and coat all the way and then into egg/milk/salt and pepper mixture. 
  3. Heat oil in a large skillet and cook chicken until browned. 
  4. Place in baking dish.
Sauce:

  1. Whisk until smooth, then pour evenly over chicken. 
  2. Mix chicken so the sauce covers completely and then put in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. 
  3. Mix chicken and then cook for another 15 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment